Got CPD hours to log? Best to get to that task soon. The Law Society reminds paralegals that, due to high volume at the LSUC Portal during the last weeks of December, it’s important to enter 2013 CPD hours before the New Year’s Eve deadline.
The CPD portal is being revamped and will be off-line from Jan. 1–19 2014. An online step-by-step guide is available.
The reporting process is being simplified. The new section will feature a single entry for all programs and activities, and free-form entry for Professionalism Hours. It will take fewer steps to enter Hours and the navigation is to be improved.
Also note that changes to the default period for annual fees mean that paralegals have 60 days in which to pay their annual fee, or file their annual report, without penalty.
- Dec. 31, 2013: Annual Report available at LSUC site
- January 1, 2014: Annual Fees due
- March 2, 2014: Final date to pay Annual Fees (not applicable to those enrolled in the pre-authorized payment plan)
- March 31, 2014: Annual Reports due
- May 30, 2014: Final date to file Annual Reports
CPD Hours Decoded