The first meeting of the next Paralegal Standing Committee (PSC) will be April 10, 2014, at Osgoode Hall.
Here is a taste of the type and range of reports and information the new PSC benchers will review and consider. Looking through this information is a good primer for anyone who wants to get caught-up on PSC activity from the past 13 years.
Reports to Convocation and related reports involving key and current issues, from July 2000 — April 2013
The Paralegal Regulation section includes:
- Progress report on Five-year Review
- Licensing process to be revised
- Framework for first paralegal election
- Report to the Attorney General – Implementation of Paralegal Regulation
- Environmental scan and review of awareness and attitudes pertaining to the regulation of paralegal service providers in Ontario
- Paralegal Task Force Report
Convocation Decisions, 1998 — 2014
Searchable by year and date, details include: agendas, minutes, attendance and links to reports.
So, what makes this PSC Election so special, and why should you take the time to learn more about the issues? Read more about the PSC, the election process and what the Candidates have to say, at SCOPE.
Election Articles and Information Include:
- LSUC list of candidates, as of Jan. 20
- Meet the Candidates – PSC Election 2014
- Candidates’ Q&A: Well-crafted questions that provide Candidates an opportunity to tell voters where they stand on issues within the PSC mandate
- Get listed, get seen – Paralegal SCOPE services for candidates
- Election Coverage Plan: How SCOPE Will Cope
- Candidates’ Webinar for Historic Election
- Making LSUC History — PSC Elections 2014
- Bill 111 Passes — PSC Members Will be Benchers
- Less, Less, More — Paralegal Election Changes