Got questions about bankruptcy but were afraid to ask? An upcoming Continuing Professional Development event from the Ontario Paralegal Network (OPN) and CPD On-time will help to clear things up.
The Bankruptcy CPD is LSUC-approved for 0.5 Professionalism 5.5 Substantive Hours. The agenda includes:
- The Bankruptcy Process, with Howard Landau, of Killen Landau & Associates Ltd., presenting the consumer bankruptcy process and debtor’s options.
- Debts surviving bankruptcy and judgment enforcement, presented by lawyer Steven Bellissimo.
- Paralegal Ken Mitchell, on tax, accounting principles and the legal profession; and contingency planning for licensees.
- A representative of Tripemco Burlington Insurance Brokers will address Errors & Omissions reporting requirements.
- A debtor/creditor roundtable discussion brings together Michael Benoit, Ken Mitchell, Andrew Hyland, and Adrian Laurino.
- George Brown presents professionalism best practices.
The CPD will be webcast. In-person attendance is at the Centre for Health & Safety Innovation, 5110 Creekbank Rd. in Mississauga. It runs from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Visit CPD On-time to sign-up for the event.